We're giving you peace of mind during uncertain times.As an essential service, we remain open & ready to help any HVAC or Plumbing issues
Summers in Louisville, KY, can get pretty uncomfortable if you don’t have a fully functioning air conditioning system to rely on. Unfortunately, just because you have an air conditioner doesn’t mean that it will do a good job cooling your home. It’s why you should schedule an AC tune-up at least once a year.
AC Systems Require Regular Maintenance
If you want your air conditioner to run properly for a long time to come, then you need to maintain it. An AC system consists of a lot of moving parts, after all, which means that taking care of it is vital to its function. First of all, there are a few basic things you can do, such as changing the air filter when needed and scheduling AC repairs the moment you notice an issue.
However, you should also schedule a routine AC tune-up once a year even if nothing seems to be wrong. The following are just a few of the things that a professional AC maintenance service will do during a basic AC tune-up:
- Check the air filters
- Calibrate the thermostat
- Inspect the electrical connections for damage
- Tighten the electrical connections if needed
- Assess the condition of the condenser and evaporator coils
- Check to make sure the system operates properly
- Examine the blower components
- Inspect the safety controls
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean the system where needed
- And more…
The Benefits of an AC Tune-Up
The following are just a few of the reasons why you should schedule an AC tune-up before summer hits — even if your AC system appears to be working just fine.
- Identify minor issues – Not all AC problems are easy to identify. Your AC may have some issues that you didn’t even notice. A professional HVAC technician will be able to identify small issues. Addressing small issues before they grow into major problems can help keep your AC in good shape while also helping you save money on potentially costly repairs in the future.
- Prevent breakdowns in the middle of summer – The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to stop working in the middle of the summer, requiring you to not only invest heavily in repairs or replacement but to go without air conditioning until the problem is addressed. Regular maintenance before the summer season can help prevent potential breakdowns. In fact, a professional technician can identify if you need to replace your AC system before summer rolls around so that you don’t have to deal with the inconvenience of doing so when temperatures are high.
- Prolong your AC system’s life – Regular maintenance can help prevent issues from occurring, thereby reducing wear and tear caused by such issues. This, in turn, can help to prolong the life of your AC. For example, lubricating moving parts during a routine tune-up can help prevent heat and friction causing wear and tear to those parts, thereby ensuring that they last longer.
- Reduce your cooling bills – A lot of AC problems can lead to the system being incapable of running as efficiently as it once did. For example, a dirty condenser can block the release of heat from the unit’s refrigerant. As a result, your AC will run constantly in an attempt to remove heat from your home, which will cause your cooling bills to skyrocket. Simply having the condenser cleaned can prevent this issue, thereby saving you money on your energy bills.
- Improve your home’s comfort – An air conditioning system that’s not functioning properly as a result of either a minor issue or a major problem can make it difficult for the unit to cool your home properly or evenly. Once summer comes around, you’ll want to be able to depend on your AC to cool your home to your desired comfort levels.
Schedule an AC Tune-Up in Louisville, KY, Today
To schedule an AC tune-up in Louisville, KY, be sure to contact us at Maeser to schedule a professional AC maintenance service today. Our technicians are not only highly trained and experienced, but they are also fully licensed and insured, which means that you can depend on us to keep your AC running both effectively and efficiently throughout the upcoming summer.