Hot Water Recirculation Systems in Louisville
Hot water recirculation means you don’t have to wait for hot water to come out of your faucet or shower. Many home owners wait up to 60 seconds or more for hot water and this results in cold water down the drain. Whether you are building a new home or have lived in your home for years, Maeser and the Grundfos Comfort System has a hot water solution for you. If you are wanting to reduce water usage and water waste with the convenience of hot water in an instant, give Maeser a call.
Benefits of having a hot water recirculation system installed:
• Hot water in an instant from every faucet in your home
• Saves up to 16,000 gallons of water per year
• Uses less energy than a 25-watt light bulb
• Saves time and money
• Installs in less than one hour
How a hot water re-circulation system works
There are two basic systems for hot water recirculation. There is a system that relies on an electrically operated pump, and those that are gravity fed and rely on thermosiphoning.
On a demand-controlled system a switch or motion sensor located near each fixture activates an energy-efficient circulation pump. The circulation pump houses a temperature sensor and a check valve that prevents water from entering the return line. The pump moves ambient-temperature water sitting in the line back to the water heater. The sensor lets the pump know when hot water has arrived at the farthest tap and shuts off the pump. Alternatively, a sensor can be placed on the return line immediately after the last tap in the system and hardwired to the pump. This will yield even lower pump run-times.
With a gravity-fed system the hot water rises to the top of the system, closest to the fixtures. The water then cools in the system and is heavier and denser than the hot water being supplied and falls through a return line to the lowest point in the system, the water heater. A check valve keeps water in the water heater from flowing back into the return line. The cool water is heated and circulated through the hot-water supply lines, starting the thermosiphoning process over again.
The Maeser Difference!
- Fast, Same-Day ServiceFixed to your satisfaction in hours, not days
- Emergency Service AvailableFor any of your emergency or non-emergency service needs
- Caring Licensed TechniciansWe treat your home like our own
- You're in Good HandsBackground-checked and drug-tested employees
- Guaranteed Customer SatisfactionWe're not happy until you're happy