Louisville KY Tankless Hot Water Heater Installation & Maintenance
If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly and responsible water heating solution for your home call Maeser. Our hot water experts can offer you hot water solutions including Tankless water heaters.
Benefits of Tankless water heating
1. Energy efficient and environmentally friendly – Tankless water heaters are environmentally friendly because they are on average 22% more energy efficient than conventional water heaters. Conventional hot water heaters heat water all the time while tankless water heaters heat the water only when it’s needed. Since heating water accounts for 30% of the average home’s energy budget the higher efficiency of a tankless gas water heater can save you money on your utility bill.
2. Endless flow of hot water – Tankless water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank. Therefore hot water is supplied on demand.
3. Long life – In the short run, a tankless system will use less energy, immediately lowering your utility bill. Over the long run, a tankless water heater will last about twice as long as a tank water heater, with most systems having a life expectancy of more than 20 years. They have easily replaceable parts that can extend their life by many more years. In contrast, conventional tank water heaters typically last 10 to 15 years.
The downside of Tankless water heating
1. Limited flow rate – Tankless water heater manufacturers tout that tankless water heaters provide an endless amount of hot water. However, a tankless water heater’s output limits the flow rate of hot water. Therefore problems arise when hot water is need for more than one use simultaneously. For example a shower is being taken at the same time the dishwasher is being run. In this case the hot water flow will be restricted. To overcome this problem, you can change your lifestyle to limit how much hot water is called for at one time or you can install more than one tankless water heater.
2. Up-front costs are high – Installation costs for a tankless water heater can cost four or five times as much as a conventional hot water heater. In demographic areas such as California where utility cost are high the increased installation cost may be offset by savings in energy bills. In the Louisville, Kentucky market, which has some of the lowest energy costs in the country, payback through utility savings doesn’t offset the increase installation costs. Factors affecting installation costs:
- Higher material costs
- Venting requirements which may limit placement in the home
- Gas load requirements that may require upgrading gas service
3. Tankless units might need more care – Tankless water heaters require annual maintenance. Calcium build up can decrease efficiency, restrict water flow and damage the unit. Failure to perform required maintenance can result in shorter life.
The Maeser Difference!
- Fast, Same-Day ServiceFixed to your satisfaction in hours, not days
- Emergency Service AvailableFor any of your emergency or non-emergency service needs
- Caring Licensed TechniciansWe treat your home like our own
- You're in Good HandsBackground-checked and drug-tested employees
- Guaranteed Customer SatisfactionWe're not happy until you're happy