Water Leak & Pipe Repair in Louisville Area
Repair & Detection of Water Leaks
You can prevent your pipes from freezing by following these five tips:
- Have your pipes in attics, crawl spaces and outside walls insulated.
- When the weather is freezing, leave kitchen or bathroom cabinet doors open to allow the warm air to protect the pipes, if the pipes are located on an outside wall.
- Allow a stream of water to flow from the faucet through pipes that are vulnerable to freezing.
- When the temperature is below freezing, keep thermostats at the same temperature at night as during the day.
- Every responsible person in the household should know where the main cut-off valve is located in your home. Tag it.
A frozen pipe may prevent your faucet from flowing water. When a hair dryer won't defrost your pipe, call Maeser.
During the Spring, you should also be careful when turning on your outdoor spigots. You may not have noticed damage to your pipes during the cold winter. Having damaged spigots can cause water to stop flowing. Make sure you know where to turn off your main water supply.
Water Service and Water Line Leaks
Water Pipe Leaks
Leaking Water Heaters
Leaking Faucets and Shower Heads
What to Do When You Have a Water Leak
Follow these tips to help prevent costly damage to your home until Maeser arrives to fix the leak permanently.
Your first step should be to locate and turn off your main water valve. A main water valve can be found inside or outside your house, in the basement or crawlspace, near the entrance to the house.
Next, note the material of the leaking pipe. What is the material of the item? PVC or copper? Examine the pipe or fitting for leaks, as well as its diameter. Providing this information assists Maeser's service specialists in resolving your leak quickly.
You shouldn't attempt major plumbing line repairs or replacements unless you are experienced. A small mistake can lead to a costly repair.
Copper pipes with pinhole leaks can pose a serious problem for homeowners. For some plumbing problems, it may be more effective to install an entirely new piping system. During the installation of the new piping system, the existing pipe will be removed and replaced with the new pipe. To reduce the destruction of the home, old pipes are abandoned and new ones are rerouted. Maeser experts will ensure a successful outcome if they handle the job.
Call us or book online to learn more about repiping. In more detail, Maeser can explain the benefits of this process to you.
If you suspect a gas leak in your home, evacuate your family immediately and contact your gas company.