Qualities to Look for in an HVAC Service Company
When you call an HVAC service company to work on your heating and air conditioning—one of the more expensive systems in your home—it’s important that they be someone you can trust. Especially if major work is needed, you’ll want to choose someone you feel comfortable working with who can give you trustworthy advice and help you make important decisions. Ideally, it will be a company you’ll use over the long term; someone you can build a relationship who can be there in an emergency.
But how do you know when a company fits the bill? Here are five things to look for in a reputable HVAC service.
• Qualifications: No matter what HVAC service company you use, they should only be sending out the most qualified service people. When you call a company for the first time, ask what qualifications their employees or contractors have. At minimum, they should be licensed to work in Kentucky, but reputable companies will also choose technicians with training, certifications and experience in the industry.
• Competitive Pricing: Asking for a quote is an important tool for choosing an HVAC service. If the quote is too expensive, most homeowners will think twice, but you should also question pricing that is too cheap. Competitive pricing means that while a company may offer a slightly lower price, sale, or promotion to beat out their competitors, their pricing will still fall within industry expectations. If it doesn’t, you should be asking yourself how they can afford to cut their prices so much. The answer is likely to be a sacrifice in quality or qualifications.
• Customer Service: HVAC service isn’t only about fixing your furnace or doing maintenance on your AC. How a company relates to their customers says a lot about them. You, the homeowner, are an important part of the equation, which is why Maeser believes in the importance of customer service. Any good HVAC company will listen to you, answer your questions, and above all, ensure that you are happy with the quality of the work.
• Emergency Service: Maintaining your heating and air conditioning systems regularly can keep them in better shape, but emergencies are always a possibility, and if the worst happens you’ll want an HVAC service that is available when you need them. Being able to turn to your regular HVAC company in case of an emergency is invaluable, not only for your convenience but also for the sake of records, warranties, a pricing scale that you’re familiar with, and of course, the comfort of knowing you’re in good hands.
• Reputation: Working with a local company is important not only because you’ll have someone to turn to in case of an emergency, but also because it’s easier to get a sense for whether the company is trustworthy. Look for a service provider that is a well-respected member of the community. Do you see a lot of their trucks and ads? Have friends, family and acquaintances used them and recommended them? These are all indications that an HVAC service is an active, respected member of the local community.
Choosing a qualified HVAC service company is an important decision, but it doesn’t need to be a stressful or difficult one. Whether you start out by asking friends and family for recommendations or jump right in with a quick Google search, keep these qualities in mind as you look for a service provider. With a checklist of what to look for, a little bit of research and a few phone calls, you should be able to narrow down your choices pretty quickly.
Ready to end your search? At Maeser, you’re not just a customer, you’re family. Call us today for a personal quote and find out firsthand why we’re different.