Smart Products that Create a Smart Home
We always seem to be in search of things that make our lives easier, more convenient, safer, healthier, more efficient or just more fun. Some have been around for awhile and are still worth mentioning and some are quite mind-blowing. There are gadgets, appliances and products that make our homes smart, thereby making us work smarter, not harder.
If germs and contaminants are something you wrestle with, these four products will interest you:
• Have a touchless faucet installed. This hands-free functionality will help prevent the spread of bacteria whether in the kitchen or the bathroom.
• Paint your walls with microbial paint that kills greater than 99.9% of bacteria. This includes bacteria such as E. coli, VRE, MRSA and Staph within two hours of exposure on the painted surface.
• Your counter top can have laminate that has antimicrobial protection built directly into it to protect against mildew, mold and odor-causing bacteria.
• Install a filtration system which provides clean, great tasting water to the tap. It reduces BPA, over-the-counter medications and other contaminants sometimes found in our tap water.
Tired of throwing away rotting fruits and vegetables?
• There is an ENERGY STAR rated refrigerator that has a drawer that extends the life of fruits and vegetables, saving you money and creating less waste.
Want to have a cozy, cool house when you return home from work?
• There are thermostats with built-in WIFI so you are able to control the temperature of your home remotely from your phone, tablet or computer. Some thermostats can even check multiple sensors in multiple rooms.
Want a smart yard?
• Have a sprinkler system installed that can be controlled remotely with your phone.
• Cut the grass with an automated lawn mower that mulches the grass back into the soil so there’s no clean up afterwards.
As Abraham Lincoln said “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” Knowing what is out there and available makes our home improvement process easier. We don’t have to change all of the products to smart products at one time, but as we need them, we have the option to choose the products that make life “smarter”.