The Better Business Bureau is an unbiased tool for consumers to use to search for businesses and charities they can trust. The BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. Although it seems as though good business practices would be common sense, the BBB has a Standard of Trust for which they base their accredited businesses.
The BBB knows consumers want to be able to trust the businesses they work with and have confidence that the business will have sound advertising, selling, and customer service practices. Here is a summary of the 8 standards a business or organization must abide by in order to be BBB accredited:
- Build trust: The business must create and maintain a positive performance in the marketplace.
- Advertise honestly: The business must comply with federal and state standards of advertising and selling, which include being honest about trustworthiness, product quality, business practices, etc.
- Tell the Truth: Businesses must represent their product or service honestly, disclosing all terms clearly.
- Be Transparent: The business must clearly identify the nature of the business, the location and ownership of the business, and disclose policies, guarantees, and procedures that may persuade a consumer.
- Honor Promises: Businesses must abide by all written or verbal agreements.
- Be Responsive: A business must resolve marketplace controversy quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- Privacy Agreement: There is a safeguard of any personal information provided to a business by the customer.
- Exhibit Integrity: The business must address all business proceedings, marketplace dealings, and commitments with sincerity and honesty.
Maeser is honored to be considered one of the Better Business Bureau’s accredited businesses. Whether it is a standard of trust, code of advertising, or code of business practices, we pride ourselves on doing what is right and just. We believe we set the standard in plumbing, heating, and cooling industries, and we are honored to serve you, our loyal customers.